Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan Yojana (PM-SYM) (Old Age Protection)
This is voluntary and the Contributory pension scheme.
Depending upon the entry age of the beneficiary, monthly contribution ranges from Rs.55 to Rs.200.
Under this scheme, Central Government is paying equal matching contribution and 50% monthly contribution is payable by beneficiary.
1. Beneficiary Should be an Indian Citizen
2. Age Group: 18-40 years
3. Unorganised Workers (working as street vendors, construction site workers, handloom, rickshaw or auto wheelers, agriculture related work, workers in industries of leather, mid-day meal, carpenters, rag picking, fisherman’s etc.
4. Monthly income should be below Rs.15000
5. Beneficiary should not be a member of EPFO/ESIC/NPS (Govt. funded)
To view the list of professions covered under this scheme: Click Here
- All the beneficiaries, after attaining their age of 60 years, they will receive monthly assured pension of Rs.3000/-
- If wife and husband , both join in this scheme, they are jointly eligible for Rs.6000/- monthly pension.
- On the death of beneficiary, spouse is eligible for 50% of monthly pension.
1.For self enrollment through the online registration Click Here
2. For enrollment through Common Service Centre
Eligible persons should have to visit nearest CSC centre. To Check your nearest CSC Click Here
While going to CSC for enrollment, the beneficiary should have to carry with him the following documents:
- Aadhaar Card
- Savings/ Jan Dhan Bank Account details along with IFS Code (Bank Passbook or Cheque Leave/book or copy of bank statement as evidence of bank account)
- For the enrollment under this scheme, there will be an initial contribution amount in cash.
Pension Pay out
Once the beneficiary join in this scheme at the age of 18-40 years in between, the beneficiary had to contribute till the 60 years of age. On attaining the age of 60 years, then the subscriber will receive by DBT the assured monthly pension of Rs.3000/- with the benefit of family pension.
|Customer Care Number ||1800 2676 888 (available 24*7)|
|Official Website||Click Here|