January 2022 - June 2022
National Current Affairs
1. Ministry of Railways has announced that it is going to collaborate with IIT Madras for the development of the Hyperloop system built in India.
2. Kolkata is the first metro city in the country to prepare a detailed register of biodiversity.
3. Anwar Hussain shaik has been appointed as the Chairperson of the Committee on Technical Barriers to Trade under Council for Trade in Goods at the World Trade Organisation.
4. The Minister of State for Culture and External Affairs, Smt. Meenakshi Lekhi participated in the 7th BRICS Culture Minister’s Meeting via video conference, which has organized by the People’s Republic of China and attended by all BRICS member states.
5. A Supercomputer named Param Porul has been inaugurated at NIT Tiruchirapalli under National Supercomputing Mission (NSM).
6. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between the Ministry of Ayush and the Department of Biotechnology.
7. Kolkata is the first metro city in the country to prepare detailed register of biodiversity.
8. A Supercomputer named Param Porul has been inaugurated at NIT Tiruchirrappalli under National Supercomputing Mission(NSM)
9. Narendra Batra will step down as the president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) at the end of his term to focus more on his job as the head of the International Hockey Federation (FIH).
10. India’s biggest Drone Festival will be held at Pragathi Maidan in New Delhi.
11. Anwar Hussain Shaik has been appointed as the Chairperson of the Committee on Technical Barriers to Trade under Council for Trade in Goods at the World Trade Organisation.
12. The Indian delegation will be led by Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal during the five-day meeting.
13. Ministry of Railways has announced that it is going to collaborate with IIT Madras for the development of the Hyperloop system built in India.
14. Union Minister for Education and Skill Development Dharmendra Pradhan launched the North East Research Conclave (NERC) 2022 at IIT Guwahati.
15. The Minister of State for Culture and External Affairs, Smt. Meenakshi Lekhi participated in the 7th BRICS Culture Minister’s Meeting via Video Conference, which has organized by the People’s Republic of China and attended by all Brics member states.
16. Union Cabinet Minister of Electronics & Information Technology, communications and Railways, Ashwini Vaishnaw has inaugurated the NIELIT.
17. A Skill India International Centre is set to come up at Varanasi.
18. The Union Government has announced the formation of the Cotton Council of India under the Chairmanship of renowned veteran cotton man Suresh Bhai Kotak.
19. The 4th meeting of the National Start-up Advisory Council has held inNew Delhi.
20. Madame Tussauds museum will be started in june 2022 at Noida.
21. India Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) Programme is an initiative of the Ministry of External Affairs, wherein participants from ITEC member countries are trained.
22. Union Tourism Minister, G. Kishan Reddy inaugurated the first Incredible India International Cruise Conference (IIICC) in Mumbai.
23. Deputy Chief Minister Jishnu Dev Varma will continue to hold his previous portfolios including Finance, Power, Rural Development, scsience & Technology under the new portfolio allocations by the new Tripura CM Manik Saha.
24. The 5G testbed was created as a collaboration project between eight institutes led by IIT Madras.
25. Union Tourism Minister, G.Kishan Reddy inaugurated the first Incredible India International Cruise Conference (IIICC) in Mumbai.
26. Former Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora has been named as the new non-executive chairman of the Village Unnati Board.
27. Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw launched the Gatishakti Sanchar Portal to help in the rollout of the 5G network across country.
28. The 14th session of the Conference of the parties to the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification was held in New Delhi and India is the current chair of the organisation.
29. Skills of Tribal Youth – Pilot Project for Rural Tribal Technical Training was launched at center for Research and Industrial Staff Performance Crisp, Bhopal
30. Union Minister of State for Ministry of New and Renewable Eergy, Shri Bhagwanth Khuba attended the Intersolar Europe 2022 held in Munich, Germany. The Minister delivered a key note addresss at the investment promotion event on “India’s Solar Energy Market”.
31. The government of India has contributed USD 8000,000 to the United Nations (UN) as part of the initiative which aims to enhance public outreach of the organisation in Hindi.
32. Rajeev Chandrasekhar launched the Pilot Project for Skilling Tribal Youth – Rural Tribal Technical Training at the Center for Research and Industrial Staff Performance CRISP, Bhopal.
33. The Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs & Petroleum and Natural Gas, Hardeep S Puri launched the BHARAT TAP initiative at the ‘Plumbex India’ exhibition.
34. India is hosting the Shanghal Cooperation Organisation Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure (SCO-RATS) summit in New Delhi.
35. Reliance Industries become the first Indian company to record annual revenue of more than a whopping $100 billion.
36. Those travelling abroad can now get their COVID Booster dose 3 months after their second dose instead of waiting to complete 9 months.
37. Union Minister for Micro Small and Medium Enterprises Narayan Rane will inaugrate the first centre of Excellence for Khadi in New Delhi.
38. Mumbai has received its first biogas powered electric vehicle charging station near Haji Ali.
39. India’s first EV charging station powered by bio-gas inaugurated in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
40. PM Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel Park (PM MITRA) is being implemented by the Union Ministry of Textiles.
41. Home Minister, Amit Shah inaugurates the National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) campus in Bengaluru.
42. Boeing India, Headquartered in Delhi is a subsidiary of a US-based company that has collaborated with Indian company Air Works Group to deliver Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) services for the Indian Navy’s P-81 maritime patrol aircraft fleet.
43. The Governor of Madhya Pradesh Shri Mangubhai Patel, inaugurated the 5th Aadi Mahotsav at Mandla, Madhya Pradesh.
44. At Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences (DRILS), a multi-industry supported Flow Chemistry Technology Hub(FCT Hub) has been launched at Hyderabad.
45. Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has released the ‘Mandate document’ for the National Curriculam Framework.
46. The Ministry of Railways has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) for the modernization of telecommunication facilities related to operations and safety.
47. India got its 100th Unicorn when neo-banking fintech portal, “Open”, raised fresh capital to increase its value to over a billion dollars.
48. The Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Samba district of Jammu division has become the first district in India to cover 100% households under Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
49. The Ministry of Commerce and Industry launched the pilot phase of the Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC).
50. Agra in Uttar Pradesh has become the first city in the country to have vaccum-based sewer system.
51. Netflix India has released the “Women Change-Makers Video Series” in collaboration with the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
52. A national seminar on Logistics Management ‘LOGISEM VAYU-2022’ has been held at Air Force Auditorium, New Delhi.
53. The Global Patidar Business Summit is being held in Surat, Gujarat.
54. Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Shri Narayan Rane inaugurated the Ministry’s Mega Event “Enterprise India” under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
55. DIR-V Program aims to enable the creation of Microprocessors and achieve industry grade Silicon and Design wins by December 2023.
56. Palli Village in Samba district of Jammu has become the nation’s first carbon-neutral panchayat, fully powered by solar energy.
57. Reliance Industries, Limited has become the first Indian company to touch the market valuation mark of Rs. 19 lakh crore in intra-day trade.
58. Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Health & Family Welfare, inaugurated the 7th edition of the International Conference on harma and Medical Devices sector 2022 in New Delhi.
59. Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has started “Farmer Partnership, Primary Hamari” till 30th April 2022.
60. Vice President of India M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the second edition of the Khello India University Games open here at the Sree Kanteerava Indoor Stadium in Bengaluru.
61. Mumbai’s BEST will now be introducing 100 percent digital ticketing on buses with the ‘Tap In Tap Out’ service by using Chalo smart cards and a mobile app.
62. Under the Amrit Sarovar initiative, 75 water bodies will be developed and rejuvenated in each district asa part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
63. Raisina Dialogue is India’s flagship foreign policy and geo-economics conference.
64. The venue of Asia’s biggest International food and hospitality fair ‘AAHAR 2022’ is being organised at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
65. Dhanlaxmi Bank merged with CBDT “Central Board of Direct Taxes” and Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) for the collection of taxes.
66. Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways and AYUSH Sarbananda Sonowal has announced to organize the first Incredible India International Cruise Conference-2022 in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
67. The 19th edition of the India-US Military Cooperation Group (MCG) meeting was conducted in Agra, Uttar Pradesh
68. Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia and Minister of State for Civil Aviation Gen VK Singh (Rtd) inaugurated the mega ‘Yog Prabha’ event at Safdarjung airport on Monday.
69. UNICEF’s YuWaah-the Indian chapter of Generation Unlimited has announced the CEO of Capgemini in India Ashwin Yardi as its co-chair and will be a co-chair along with Yasumasa Kimura the UNICEF Representative.