January 2022- June 2022
International Current Affairs
1. The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD), a strategic security dialogue between India, Australia, Japan and United States will be hosted by japan.
2. The United Arab Emirates has become the first Gulf State to record a case of Monkeypox.
3. World Health Organization has re-appointed Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus as Director-General of WHO for the second term with effect from 16th August 2022. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus is an Ethiopian public health researcher and official who has been Director-General of the World Health Organization since 2017.
4. Former Independence Fighter and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Jose Ramos-Horta has been sworn in a president of East Timor (Timor-Leste).
5. India and United States signed an Investment Incentive Agreement (IIA) to pave a path to strengthen and promote DFC’s investments in India in Key sectors.
6. For the fiscal year 2021-22, Singapore was the topmost investor in India, accounting for 27% of the FDI followed by the US at 18% and Mauritius at 16%.
7. The World Health Organization (WHO) is organising the 75th edition of the World Health Assembly in Geneva.
8. Chinese scientists have proposed a space project to survey the sky through a space-borne telescope to hunt for habitable Earth like planets outside the Solar System, some 32 light-years away from Earth.
9. Belgium has become the first country in the world to make 21-day quarantine compulsory for Monkeypox patients.
10. According to recent report on pollution and health published in The Lancet Planetary Health, Air pollution was responsible for 16.7 lakh deaths in India in 2019, which is 17.8% of all deaths in the country that year. This is the largest number of air pollution related deaths in any country.
11. US Secretary of State Antony Blinken chaired the high-level Ministerial meeting on ‘Global Food Security-Call to Action’ in New York.
12. A Veteran Cameroonian activist, Cecile Ndjebet is the recipient of the 2022 Wangari Maathai Forest Champions Award by the Collaboratve Partnership on Forests (CPF), which is chaired by yhe UN Food and Agriculture Organization(FAO).
13. Srilanka has decided to lower the amount of foreign currency that individuals can hold to $10,000 from $ 15,000
14. Hassan Sheikh Mohammed elected president for the second time in Somalia, defeating incumbent President Mohammed Abdullah Mohammed in a final round.
15. India seems to have deepened its ties with the US, making the world’s largest democracy its top trading partner in fiscal 2021-22, surpassing China.
16. Kuwait is set to build the world’s largest petroleum research centre in al-Ahmadi, south of Kuwait City by the end of 2022.
17. Bandhan Express, which runs between India and Bangladesh, resumed service after two years, which was earlier stopped due to the Covid Pandemic.
18. Bangladesh is the ‘country of focus’ at the festival which will include documentaries, short stories and animation films from around the world.
19. To celebrate 50 years of Independence of Bangladesh, the MIFF ‘Country of Focus’, a package of 11 documentary films from the neighbouring country.
20. The 12th edition of the 2022 International Boxing Association (IBA) Women’s World Boxing Championship was held at Basaksehir Youth and Sports Facility, Istanbul, Turkey.
21. The United Arab Emirates has become the first Gulf state to record a case of Monkeypox.
22. Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard seized two Greek oil tankers in the Persian Gulf, just after Athens assisted the US in seizing an Iranian oil tanker over alleged sanctions violations in the Mediterranean Sea.
23. World Health Organization has re-appointed Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus as Director-General of WHO for the second term with effect from 16th August 2022. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus is an Ethiopian Public health researcher and official who has been Director-General of the World Health Organization since 2017.
24. Chinese Aviation based armed forces (PLAAF), Japan Air Self-Preservation Power (JASDF), Israeli Aviation based armed forces and French Air and Space Power.
25. A Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD) a strategic security dialogue between India, Australia, Japan and the United States will be hosted by Japan.
26. The World Health Organization (WHO) is organising the 75th edition of the World Health Assembly in Geneva.
27. India and the United States signed an Investment Incentive Agreement (IIA) to pave a path to strenghthen and promote DFC’s investments in India in key sectors.
28. Belgium has becomethe first country in the world to make 21-day quarantine compulsory for Monkeypox Patients.
29. US Secretary of State Antony Blinken Chaired the high-level Ministerial meeting on ‘Global Food Security call to Action’ in New York.
30. Chinese Scientists have proposed a space project to survey the sky trough a space – borne telescope to hunt for habitable Earth-like planets outside the Solar System, some 32 light-years away from Earth.
31. Singapore was the topmost investor in India the fiscal year 2021-22, accounting for 27% of the FDI, followed by the US at 18% and Mauritius at 16%
32. Srilanka has decided to lower the amount of foreign currency that individuals can hold to $10,000 from $15,000
33. After a thrilling final at the Impact in Bangkok, Thailand, Korea stunneddefending champions china to capture their second Uber Cup title.
34. China has been placed at 1st position in the terms of the largest vehicle market in the world.
35. Elizabeth Borne was appointed France’s new prime minister to become the second woman to hold the post in the country.
36. The top five countries for remittances in 2021 were India, Mexico, China, thePhilippines and Egypt.
37. The host of XV World Forestry Congress is Seoul, Soth Korea.
38. The Supreme Council of the Union elected Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler of Abu Dhabi, as Pesident of the UAE.
39. Hassan Sheikh Mohammad has become the new President of Somalia country.
40. Intersolar 2022 will take place in Munich, Germany from 11-13 May. The event’s exhibition and conference both focus on the areas of photo voltaics, solar thermal technologies, solar plants, as well as grid infrastructure and solutions for the integration of renewable energy.
41. India topped the list in the world receiving USD 89 billion in remittance followed by Mexico at USD 54 billion and China at USD 53 billion last year. The officially recorded remittance flows to low and middle income countries (LMIC’s) are expected to increase by 4.2 percent this year to reach USD 630 billion.
42. A Kenyan Nurse Anna Qabale Duba, who Campaigns against early marraige and female genital mutilation crowned the world’s best nurse.
43. Sri Lanka’s veteran political leader Ranil Wickremesinghe has been appointed the next Prime Minister of the crisis-hit island nation by President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
44. Sky Bridge 721, the world’s longest suspension footbridge has opened in the Czech Republic for tourists. The spectacular bridge is 721 metres long. The Czech Republic, also called Czechia, is a landlocked country in Central Europe.
45. South Korea became the first Asian country to join in North Atlantic Treaty Organization Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence.
46. India has become unanimously elected as the new chair of the Association of Asian Election Authorities (AAEA) for 2022-2024 atthe meeting of the Executive Board and General Assembly in Manila, Philippines.
47. Prasar Bharati signed an MoU on cooperation and collaboration in Broadcasting with ORTM (Office de la Radio et de la Television) in Madagascar’s capital Antananarivo
48. John Lee Ka-Chiu has been confirmed as Hong Kong’s next chief executive.
49. Katalin Eva Novak is a Hungarian politician serving as the current president of Hungary.
50. The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry , Piyush Goyal informed that India has considered entering into a Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA) with Oman.
51. The Sawa Lake, a biodiverse wetland situated near the city of Samawa, Iraq has disappeared mainly due to human activity and climate change.
52. World’s Largest Glass Bottom Bridge has opened in Vietnam.
53. South Korea’s National Intelligence Service became the first in Asia to join NATO’S cyber defence group.
54. French President Emmanuel Macron suggested building a political community of democratic states around the European Union.
55. Malaysia will host the 2027 SEA Games, while Singapore will host the 2029 edition.
56. The United States has launched the “Affordable Connectivity Program” to provide subsidies on Internet Service to lower-Income Households.
57. Yoon Suk Yeol was sworn in as the new President of South Korea.
58. IBM Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Arvind Krishna has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
59. Union Minister for Power, New and Renewable Energy, R.K. Singh and German Minister for Economic Affairs andClimate Change Dr. Robert Habeck virtually signed Joint Declaration of Intent on an Indo-German Hydrogen Task Force.
60. UK Health Security Agency Confirmed that an individual has been diagnosed with monkeypox in England.
61. The UK released some competition rules for big tech companies like Google and Facebook, missing which will attract huge fines from the country.