Now we can link Our Aadhaar and PAN by typing in UIDPAN<12 digit Aadhaar><10 digit PAN> and sending it to 567678 or 56161
The last date is 30 June, to link your Aadhaar with your Permanent Account Number(PAN). From 1st July there will be a double penalty of Rs. 1000.
“The deadline of linking Aadhaar with the PAN has been extended by CBDT from 31st march 2022 to 31st march 2023. Now you can link your Aadhaar with the PAN till 31ST March 2023. Upto 30th June 2022 you have to pay the amount Rs. 500 and this fee will be Rs.1000 from 1st July 2022” read a notice on the Income Tax Department Website.
Follow these steps:
Visit the website incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal. This is IT Department’s Official Website.
- Using your PAN number register on the portal
- To link your Aadhaar card login and select the option
- According to your PAN card details, information such as your name, mobile number and other fields will be pre-filled. Verify them.
- Click on the option ‘Link’.
After making the payment of penalty, now your Aadhar and PAN will be linked.
There are some other ways that you can link the both. You can link the two via SMS a well. Just type in UIDPAN<12 digit Aadhaar><10 digit PAN> and send it to 567678 or 56161.
Visit a nearby PAN service center, there you can do this process in offline also. Along with a copy of your PAN card and Aadhaar card you can submit a completed ‘Annexure-1’. This is a paid service.
After the linking of Aadhaar and PAN, now you can verify in the website of I-T department.
What are the steps to verify PAN-Aadhaar link:
- Go to the official website – incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal.
- On the main page click on the Aadhaar link option.
- Now enter your PAN and Aadhaar details and select validate.
- On the screen now your PAN – Aadhaar status will appear.
FAQs on Linking Aadhaar with the PAN
Q. What is the Purpose of linking Aadhaar with the PAN?
Ans: To complete income tax related tasks such as filing returns on income, It is now Mandatory for everyone to link the Aadhaar with PAN.
Q. Who are Exempted from PAN and Aadhaar link?
Ans: PAN-Aadhaar linking is presently doesnot apply to any individual who is residing in the states of Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya.
- As per the income tax act 1961,a non resident
- Not a citizen of India
- The age of 80 years or more
Q. How much time it will takes to link the PAN and Aadhaar?
Ans: It will take upto 10 days for the update.
Q. What are the different modes to link Aadhaar with PAN?
Ans: Through SMS, Online and Paper Mode
Q. Why Iam not able to link my Aadhaar with PAN?
Ans: There are Several reasons that a taxpayer might not be able to link his Aadhaar number with his PAN. Some of the reasons are:
a) The taxpayer phone number is not updated in Aadhaar database
b) Gender Mismatch
c) Date of birth